Withdrawing my consent from ongoing checking and cancelling my WWC Card

There are some situations where you may choose to cancel your current WWC Card.

When can you cancel your current WWC Card?

Generally, you can request the cancellation of your current WWC Card if:

  • you wish to withdraw your consent to ongoing checking and no longer engage in any child-related-work.

To request that your current WWC Card be cancelled contact the WWC Screening Unit with the following information:

  • name;
  • date of birth;
  • address;
  • phone number;
  • WWC Card (Assessment Notice) number; and
  • reason for cancellation.

To email your request click here. Alternatively send your request by post to:

Manager Screening and Assessment
WWC Screening Unit
PO Box 1262
West Perth 6872

The WWC Screening Unit will contact you once your request has been received and discuss your individual circumstances.

Written confirmation of your cancellation will be sent to you providing information specific to your circumstances.

Depending on your particular circumstances, if you intend to commence child-related work in the future you may need to re-apply for a WWC Check before you start any child-related work.

Cancelling your current WWC Card also means that you have withdrawn your ongoing consent to the collection, use and disclosure of information about you (including criminal records) for the purposes of assessing your eligibility to have a WWC Card. The WWC Screening Unit will make no more requests for information about you if this is the case.

Page last updated06 August 2020